Acquisitions & Dispositions
- The RLJ Development Funds’ acquisition and disposition of over 220 hospitality assets worth in excess of $4 billion, including the acquisition of a portfolio of nearly 100 hotels from White Lodging Services Corporation; the disposition by merger of an entity owning 22 hotels; the disposition of six Homewood Suites hotels for $73 million; the $335 million acquisition of the 750-room Manhattan Hilton Doubletree Metropolitan; the $125 million acquisition of the 298-room Manhattan Hilton Garden Inn; the acquisition of the 426-room Cancun Hilton Golf & Spa Resort; and the $121 million acquisition of the 280-room Manhattan Fashion26 Hotel.
- Choice Hotels International’s joint venture with an Och-Ziff Capital Management affiliate to acquire Suburban Franchise Holding Co., which added 67 properties and nearly 9,000 rooms to its portfolio.
- Marriott International’s sale, joint venture and renovation of the Waikiki Beach Resort on Oahu.
- Goldman Sachs’ disposition of numerous hotels from a portfolio acquired for more than $300 million.
- Marriott International’s acquisition of the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, a 304-room resort hotel located in Grand Cayman, British West Indies.
- Fisher Property Group’s acquisition of land located in Rockland, Maryland for the development and construction of a 121-room Cambria Suites Hotel.
- Various real estate investment funds’ (managed by one of the largest New York investment companies) purchase and sale of hotel portfolios throughout the United States.
- Marriott International’s acquisition of the Crowne Plaza Oceanfront Hotel, a 193-room hotel located on Singer Island in Palm Beach County, for redevelopment into a fractional ownership product.
- Marriott International’s sale of its Courtyard San Francisco Downtown hotel.
- JER Partners’ acquisition of the Ontario Airport Hilton Hotel located in Ontario, CA.
- Marriott International’s acquisition of the Seville Beach Hotel, a 4.5 acre land assemblage with 350 feet of Atlantic Ocean frontage in Miami, to be redeveloped under Marriott’s “Edition” brand.
- RLJ Lodging Trust's sale of 24 hotels for approximately $240 million through a combination of individual and portfolio sales.